Join the General Sound Team
General Sound is a full-service commercial fire alarm contractor. Our services include sales, installation, inspection and maintenance of fire alarm systems manufactured by the most recognized names in the industry. We provide life safety solutions suitable for many commercial applications, such as schools, industrial facilities, and government and corporate offices.
Current Job Listings
Fire Alarm Installer
General Sound is looking for an installer to pull wire, trim devices and assist the fire alarm technicians with the installation of fire alarm and various communication systems.
- Install wire and trim devices
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Valid Texas drivers license, clean driving record and reliable transportation
- Must pass criminal background check and drug test
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders and lifts
- Ability to read construction documents a plus
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Professional appearance and good communication skills
- Must have own tools
- Permanent position
- Compensation - hourly, based on experience
- Vacation and paid holiday/personal time
- Group health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Life insurance
Bonuses are paid based on performance.
If you are interested in another position, we encourage you to submit your resume for future consideration.
General Sound offers our customers a broad range of critical life safely systems, sound systems and security systems. Our products and services include:
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Intercom / PA Systems
- Sound Masking
- Pro Sound Systems
- Video Surveillance
- Client Training and Support
- Design, Engineering, Installation & Support of all Systems Provided